It’s time for PITCH WARS! (If you aren’t sure what that is, please check out the info post here.) And you should totally pick me to be your mentor. I mean, why wouldn’t you?
But if you do need some convincing, allow me to tell you a little about myself.
I love ponies. What more do you need?
All right. Just in case you do need more, I’ve composed a short list of reasons you should pick me to be your mentor.
- I’m repped by Nicole Resciniti of the Seymour Agency who, in my opinion, is the very best agent in the world.
- I’m the author of the young adult KATANA trilogy currently out through Flux. Happily, book one sold out of its first printing.
- My next young adult book–THE SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERIMENT–about a bully who gets a taste of her own medicine, comes out September 23rd through Entangled. I am so, so, SO excited for this book.
- I’m currently under contract for four new adult books as well as another young adult, all of which will be coming out in the next two years.
Why else should you pick me? Did I mention I love ponies? I’m also a network representative for my local SCBWI chapter and have assisted many authors on their path to publication.
Let’s talk about my wish list.
Young adult. Really compelling, kick you in the pants young adult.
- If you’re giving me a contemporary novel, I’m going to need a character driven book. I LOVE emotion. Make me laugh. Make me cry. Whatever you do, give me a character who will make me feel ALL THE FEELS.
- Romance–this goes for any subgenre of young adult. I am such a sucker for romance, but nothing turns me off more than cheese. Keep the sappy, eye-rolling insta-love. I’m looking for the slow to simmer page-burning romance. Organic feelings and believability are key.
- A magical world. I would love a good fantasy that transports me to a well-crafted world I can submerge myself into.
- If you’re giving me a paranormal or a dystopian, I’m going to need a plot driven book. While I don’t mind the feels, I’m going to need plenty of action to keep things moving.
- A love of ponies. Okay, I’m flexible on this one–but not by much.
If you do decide to submit to me–and I hope you do–please keep in mind I’m hardcore when it comes to whipping manuscripts in shape. You must have thick skin and understand I edit for publication. No pain, no gain. It’s not that I want to make the red pen bleed, I want you to succeed! Okay, maybe I want it to bleed a little…
Thank you so much for stopping by my page! If you think we’ll be a good match PICK ME!!! But make sure you also check out the other mentors and their wish lists just to be sure. We’re here because we’re excited to read your work and we want to you succeed! Good luck!