Hey there! Thanks for stopping by! Please excuse the dust and cobwebs on this site. During the next couple of months I’m going to be hard at work making this website a shiny, sparkling haven that even a unicorn would be proud to call home. I have lots of exciting book news to announce, including the sale of a brand new PARANORMAL YA. I can hardly believe I just typed the “P” word and the internet is still intact.
But I digress. I imagine you’re here for info on Pitch Wars, so let’s get down to it. First, let’s discuss the Scavenger Hunt. I’m a member of the RED team. I’ve BEEN a member of Pitch Wars in the past, but I’ve never BEEN a participant on the scavenger hunt. It’s BEEN so much fun. (Hopefully it’s pretty obvious what my scavenger hunt word is.)
If we’re just now becoming acquainted, I’m Cole Gibsen and it’s super great to meet you. I have published over ten book in both YA and NA. When I’m not writing, you can find me training dogs, sewing, or singing with my band. I’m repped, by the amazing Nicole Resciniti, who IMHO, is the best agent in the biz.
Now, enough about me, let’s talk about you–or at least find out if we’re a good match. This year I’m mentoring in Young Adult. My wishlist includes the following:
- Fantasy, paranormal, or urban fantasy. Sorry, no contemporary for me this year.
- If submitting a Fantasy, I’m looking for the setting to be immersive, it should almost be as much of a character as the MC’s themselves. (Think Harry Potter and Hunger Games–the settings were the heart of the books.)
- I love dark paranormals and urban fantasies, but with quirky characters to break up the darkness (think Buffy the Vampire Slayer or any Joss Whedon project for that matter.)
- Killer dialogue is going to win me over every time.
- I love characters that make realistic decisions. If they’re making a dumb decision just for the sake of progressing a story, I’m out. I need to agree with every choice they make, as if it were my own.
- ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE. There, I said it. I love it. Can’t get enough. HOWEVER, no insta-love please. If it is an immediate attraction, I need that flame to gradually grow so the tension of the “Will they? Won’t they?” keeps me engaged. I am, admittedly, kind of a sucker for the enemies to lovers trope.
That’s it! If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. And for more mentor wish lists, check out the widget below. Happy hunting!